Breeder Coop plan, Thoughts/opinions needed.

Kerjack

Songster
10 Years
Nov 5, 2009
Ontario, Canada
So I was thinking about making a breeder plan with 2 sides to it. Here are my plans;
(Please don't laugh at my horrible paint skills.
hide.gif
)

CoopPlan1.jpg

CoopPlan1B.jpg

The front is going to be 2 doors with chicken wires, and the top I want to be on a hinge so I can clean it, get eggs, etc. I was thinking of having the roosts attached to the top hanging down a foot or so. These will be used for Banty's mostly.

Any opinions or thoughts on how to make it better? Oh and how many could I fit in there comfortably?

Thanks!

1, are these going to be outside, you need an angle on the roof for the rain
2 are you going to have wire floors, cleaner eggs with a wire floor
3 where the hinges to the roof, having the hinges in back by the nest boxes you will need to open the whole box to get the eggs out, plus one solid piece is not good
4 have the nest boxes facing the center they will be a little darker, happier hens
5hanging roost. most chickens like stable roosts not swinging

This is just my opinion, but I've been using breeding pens for a few years and this is what I've learned

Quote:
Thanks!

the wire need to be small size like hard ware cloth or 1/2" x1" wire the stiffer wire is better, more stable, with the roost I like to attache at least one side to a wall, plus if it hung from the roof how will it open, another idea a hole so you can reach in for the eggs from the outside in stead of through the top or front

Back
Top Bottom