1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Breeder Coop Plans W/ PICS. I need input!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Zahboo, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    I am trying to plan for a possible builder coop in the late Summer. I know that the way I se up, there is a lot of wasted space, but that is okay. If I change from breeder pens later on, I can remove the pens and have a large coop for anything. This is a big part of the plan. Each design has space for a brooder, at least 2 pens, a run, and look okay. The first one is like Buster's coop under construction. The second is exterior like the layer lodge, minus one "wing" if that makes sense.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2009
  2. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Looks like a great start Imago! [​IMG] Have you thought about having the storage area along the front, then put the bantams where the storage was and still have it a 5x4 pen? That way you could have a run on both sides and won't risk having any "accidents" with chickens escaping into the wrong pen? Just something I thought of. You don't have to do it, your plans look great already! If only I had the room to build something that big. [​IMG]

3. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    That's a great idea. Or I could even move the door to the middle and have runs on both sides. I am unsure though. I don't really have the room for it [​IMG] we are kind of stealing half of the chainlink kennels for the big dogs. There will only be a big German Shepherd ??? mix that is 17. He has grown with chickens and there is a gate and fence seperating the run the chicks would be in and him. My brother is moving out so his dogs will not be out there. It's just a lot of cleaning [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by