1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Breeder Feedback Please

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by enggass, Dec 4, 2010.

1. enggass

enggass Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2010
    Mid-Coast Maine
    Hey all,
    What can you all tell me about eggs from www.redroofhens.com.
    Thinking of buying from them in the Spring and just wanted to know of any experiences anyone here may have had with their line...
    Got any pix?
    Thanks!

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

That is our BYC member, ILOVEFRIZZLES, here in GA. You could check out her auctions she's posted here on BYC and her feedback. [​IMG]

3. enggass

enggass Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2010
    Mid-Coast Maine
    Thanks. I did see those and the feedback was great! I guess I was more looking for feedback on the quality of the final product. Looks promising, just doing my due diligence.

4. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    I'll have to say, their photo of the BBS Ameraucana eggs is "photoshopped." [​IMG] The whole image is pretty blue, and no Ameraucana egg is that blue that is practically glows. . .

Just had to point that out. [​IMG]

5. JenEric Farms

JenEric Farms GOOGLE GENIUS

Oct 31, 2007
    Maine
    Quote:Is this a fact or an opinion?

6. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    A fact. I don't mean to come down on them, I see ILOVEFRIZZLES around all the time and hear good things, but I think someone shouldn't show egg color for what it isn't.

I've once bought eggs before in thinking they'd be as bright and blue as the photos, (the seller heightened the saturation of the photo) and wasn't too excited to see that they're like the rest - a pale blue, sometimes verging on the teal or green side. I'm not saying Ameraucana eggs are boring, no, otherwise I wouldn't have them - They just aren't that incredibly brightly colored.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by