Breeder for personality

Exsinc

In the Brooder
Feb 23, 2021
I’m looking for a breeder (or hatchery) that focuses on breeding for the best personality and sells chickens (of any age) that have good personality’s and are friendly etc. We are located in Maryland but location doesn’t matter if they can ship or aren’t too far away. Appreciate anybody chiming in if they know of any such person or place. Thanks!

You might want to look into specific breeds rather than breeders. Some breeds tend to be friendlier than others, and how you raise them as chicks will add to that. Look into Orpingtons, Brahmas, Silkies, Easter Eggers, Sussex, Cochins....

You might want to look into specific breeds rather than breeders. Some breeds tend to be friendlier than others, and how you raise them as chicks will add to that. Look into Orpingtons, Brahmas, Silkies, Easter Eggers, Sussex, Cochins....

I agree, not sure how many breeders take the personality approach but more so the breed type approach. I I was in the same boat when I was looking, I wanted and friendly and docile breed. Since getting my 5 chickens, I've learned Dominiques and Faverolles are super friendly chickens with great personalities.

I just had a look at their homepage. Just a few samples:

30 $ for a mixed breed female chick and 10 $ for a single mixed breed or single Isbar, Bielefelder, Barnevelder etc. hatching egg is absolutely ridiculous. :lau
Sound high to me but I guess if they are selling enough to justify those prices it’s a smart business decision. I wouldn’t pay that but Im guessing people do or they would drop their price. 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom