1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Breeder of show quality RIR, Wyandotte, Jersey Giants near NC

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by henpeckedmuch, Sep 12, 2011.

1. henpeckedmuch

henpeckedmuch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2011
    Anyone have any suggestions, I'm new to chickens and have a few hatchery RIR's that I love dearly, but would like to own some better quaility stock. I favor standard size birds at this time. And, seem to be drawn to the RIR's, Laced Wyandotte's and splash Jersey Giants.
    I never see anything other then hatchery RIR's for sale. Are they often shown?

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    I'd go with geareduplynn (his BYC name) - He's in SC but has excellent Rhode Island Reds! There are several other breeders out there too but I can't think of anyone closer. He ships though.

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Contact Foley'swaterfowl for the SLWs....turbo and Mrs. Turbo on BYC

4. henpeckedmuch

henpeckedmuch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2011
    I'm still looking for a breeder of Rhode Island Reds, Anyone know of someone else please let me know. I tried to contact gearduplyn by email without success. He still advertises but hasn't responded to his emails yet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by