1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Breeder or Hatchery near east Tennessee?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by fresheggs4u, Mar 4, 2008.

1. fresheggs4u

fresheggs4u Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2007
    Does anyone know of a hatchery or breeder in Eastern Tennessee. Knoxville eastward or in Sough Western VA or Western NC?

Would love to make a day trip to purchase some pullets.

thanks!

2. misanne11

misanne11 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 11, 2008
    East TN
    Welcome always nice to have neighbors on BYC

3. KingsCalls

KingsCalls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    New Market,Tn.
    Welcome to BYC! Always glad to have a fellow Tennessean on here. The nearest breeder or hatchery that I know of is Shook Hatchery in N.C. If you are wanting a certain breed, you may want to look at the "sticky" at the top of this section. Alot of people on BYC has what they offer on there. I have what I am offering on there also. I'm in Jefferson County so, maybe we are close.

4. edavis

edavis New Egg

Mar 12, 2012
    I am also looking for pullets. We just finished our coop. I would like an assortment of checks but want to get them all at the same time. I am in Hamblen County. Tractor supply only has a few. Any advice for getting some near home?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by