1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

breeder question (yes doesn't belong here but i know some dont look at different parts of the forum

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by hdowden, Sep 20, 2012.

1. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    quick question...ok there is someone on facebook that says they raise golden necks i questioned them about it because it looks like a white with gold leakage and they go and tell me that they don't raise mixes. on another pic of a silver laced Cochin mix they proceed to say its a silver laced Cochin (not including the mixed part) someone else questioned if it was a mix and said person goes on to say yea its a mix and You know all we raise is mixes in rabbits and chickens.. this raises a very bright red flag to me what do yall think? i proceed to ask a question about the d'uccle (if it was gonna get more coloring and spangles) also letting them know i have 2 goldens that look nothing like this and this person has yet to answer my question...so what do yall think??

heres the pic of the 'golden neck' d'uccle

[​IMG]

and heres the cochin
    [​IMG]

heres the link to the facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/138379479585834/

2. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I'd say why bother with this person.

3. hdowden

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    LOL why post something under one pic then go on another and say the exact opposite from what you said on another post?? this person got all upset because the d'uccle looks like a color mix and posted in all caps they dont raise mixes...they might kick me out of the group now because this person is a moderator on the page...well needless to say they haven't posted again under either pic....

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Uhh, can't fix stupid! Why is it folks on line don't think others can cross-reference what they've posted elsewhere? I've caught folks in so many double-speaks or outright lies, it's not even funny. I just block them or mentally delete them from my circle.

5. hdowden

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    yea i know never to buy from that person...hate that people do this though, maybe this post can be a warning/learning post to some to try and cross reference the breeder before they get their babies.

6. hdowden

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    They deleted their comment about only raising mixes and mine for questioning them about that from the d'uccle pic

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by