Breeder/Show Quality Black Silkie Rooster

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by Zgm12, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Zgm12

Zgm12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2014
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I have a beautiful show quality black Silkie rooster for sale. He has an even temperament and is very docile. He is free to a good home. I'll post pictures later.

2. Zgm12

Jul 29, 2014
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Here are some pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Nin315

Nin315 Chillin' With My Peeps

Location?..is he free or for sale?

4. Zgm12

Jul 29, 2014
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I'm in Pittsburgh, PA. Just to clarify, he is free to a good home.

5. silkie dude

silkie dude Just Hatched

Jul 7, 2016
    Sardinia Ohio
    Is he still available? If so can you ship him to me? I live in southern Ohio. I can pay you for shipping charges.

6. Zgm12

Jul 29, 2014
    Pittsburgh, PA
    This specific one is no longer for sale, but I do have others available. I have a partridge, maybe a white, and probably a black or blue. The prices vary based on quality. All are extremely nice as I do not tolerate mean roosters. I don't plan on shipping until fall due to the high temperatures. Would any of these Silkie roosters interest you?

7. silkie dude

silkie dude Just Hatched

Jul 7, 2016
    Sardinia Ohio
    I would be Interested in a black or white one but I need one asap so I may already have found another one before your ready to ship.
    But I would like a decent looking bearded one.

8. Zgm12

Jul 29, 2014
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Sorry, it's not worth risking the heat and stress of August weather when you are dealing with life. Even if you do not get one from me, I advise you to wait until it cools off in the fall or to buy locally. It's for the best for the bird you get and yourself. Good luck!

9. silkie dude

silkie dude Just Hatched

Jul 7, 2016
    Sardinia Ohio
    I'll probably still get a rooster from you I'm really looking for a show quality one preferably black splash or white blue would do has to be bearded of course. I have some 2 month silky chicks The little roos have a little red wattles I want a good bearded rooster with no wattles or at least small blue ones. How much would you charge for a rooster as I described for the chicken and shipping? I live just east of Cincinnati Ohio.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by