1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Breeders, are you participating in the 2015 North American Poultry Census? (US and Canada)

Discussion in 'Exhibition, Genetics, & Breeding to the Standard o' started by HeritageGoose13, Sep 6, 2015.

1. HeritageGoose13

HeritageGoose13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2015
    Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere on BYC, but I looked and do not see it. I think it is important and deserves mentioning.

http://www.livestockconservancy.org/index.php/heritage/internal/north-american-poultry-census

Quote: It is a survey asking what varieties you have of breeding poultry. It is important since the last poultry census was done more than 10 years ago. This census is how we know what breeds are common and which are rare. The census is about chickens, turkeys, ducks and geese.

I know there are so many hard-working breeders here. I hope you participate. It would show how far breeds have come in the last several years. This information has the potential to save breeds from extinction and make history. Please share with all poultry breeders you know, especially those working with heritage/rare breeds.

Has anyone here participated in the census? What breeds are you working with?

1 person likes this.
  2. hhbirdlover

hhbirdlover Out Of The Brooder

Sep 10, 2015
    How would i go about regeristing my poultry. Flock of ayam cemani, anout to hatch the 5 of october

3. HeritageGoose13

Apr 24, 2015
    Just follow the link above. I am not sure if they are looking for data on ayam cemani, you can check.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  4. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    Nope! Just another tactic by the government to get into you business to find out what you got.

2 people like this.
  5. HeritageGoose13

Apr 24, 2015
    Its not run by the government. [​IMG]

6. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas

So they say.
    I answered their questions but gave them no personal information.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by