Breeders in CALIFORNIA (Ameraucana (true), Cochin, Marans)

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Morgan7782, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    I just recently got in touch with a wonderful woman in Fresno who breeds the following chickens:

•Wheaten Marans
    •Ameraucana (black, blue, lavendar, splash)
    •Rhode Island Red
    •Giant Cochin in a variety of colors (blue, black, splash, lemon blue, golden laced)
    •One Sussex Light Rooster
    •Young cockerel's hatched from green eggs

They also have olive eggers. None of these birds are hatchery birds, they are all well bred to type birds. Ages range from hatchlings through laying hens. They are located in Fresno, CA.

I just wanted to share her site and contact information. I have talked a bit with her and she is very friendly, educated and definately cares for her stock. They are striving to keep a few rare breeds and colors around and original. Here is her website!

http://www.chick-ensneggs.com

Here are a few pictures of one of her Lav. Ameraucana roosters:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

P.S. I am not affiliated with this breeder in any way. I will be buying from her in the coming months and have had such a nice experience dealing with her that I felt the need to pass this information onto others! So if you are in Northern or Central California and are looking for some nice birds at decent prices do check out her site! Thanks [​IMG]

2. Popsy

Popsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2010
    Raymond, CA
    Thanks for posting this....as soon as we sell our farm in Idaho, we are moving about an hour North of Fresno, so I will keep this information.

3. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Oh cool! Yeah the owner of the ranch is very nice and good with people which I appreciate. Her animals seem to be in upmost health too. I will be driving to Fresno from Sacramento (about 200 miles) to get some Ameraucana's in the coming months [​IMG]

4. deannd

deannd Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2010
    Marin County, California
    I want some too... Thanks for posting this info..

5. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    Thank you so much for posting this! I have been looking for what seems like forever for some chicks I can pick up. When I go to visit family, I would only have to drive a little ways to pick them up! [​IMG]

6. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    Great link!

7. crash0330

crash0330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Mecca, CA
    My Coop
    They have some really nice birds, I was in Fresno about 2 months ago for thw County Fair and saw his ad wanted to go and get an Ameraucana rooster from them sooooo bad but unfortunally was driving the girlfriend car and she said no animals on her car so, it sucked for me that day. :-(

8. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Glad it is appreciated! They are great people with quality well cared for birds. If I had the room.... LOL

9. Laneyfarm

Laneyfarm New Egg

May 4, 2014
    This link isnt working! :(

10. cookie1061

cookie1061 New Egg

Aug 13, 2013
    hi, need a phone number for the fresno place. that site isn't working. please Email it to me: [email protected]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by