1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Breeders in FLorida?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by JDH, Jan 15, 2008.

1. JDH

JDH Out Of The Brooder

Jun 19, 2007
    Where would I find a list of Florida breeders?

2. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    JDH I'm in Florida too I havent found any breeders. There is one in Old Town but I cant recomend her I went to the local feed stores and extension agent and asked of any locals. We also order ours from the hatcheries. We bought our chickens from a local farmer and were very happy with them.

3. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
  4. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    Good Morning,
    The FL Dept of Agriculture website has a classified section where people can post poultry ads for free. I have seen a lot of ads on there for all kinds of poultry from all over the state. Also, if you go to a poultry show, you can get a list of exhibitors, most of them breed their own birds and sell too. Don't forget there is a show in Inverness (Citrus Co.) on January 26th! YAY !! I went to the Lake City show this past weekend and had a great time. I only met one person from BYC, DonaP -- Hi Dona ! It was great to meet you ! I saw some posts on here that other people were there too. I wish I had ordered a BYC t-shirt or had made up a sign for BYC because I was in the front parking lot with truck full of white Showgirl chickens. I talked to a lot of people, I wonder if I talked to some our BYC family and did not even know it. Coming to a poultry show is a lot of fun, I guarantee you will see some of the most beautiful chickens there and probly some you have never even heard of. You can talk to breeders and make a lot of contacts too.

Lisa

5. leecey411

leecey411 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2007
  6. Cabe

Cabe Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2007
    Florida
    I live in Clay county too! Really close to the fair grounds. They have some live stock and quite a lot of poultry, but none usually for sell. The fair is great for kids, I'm getting a little to old for all the ride. They usually have some popular country artist singing there a couple of the nights. I just couldn't believe someone from Clay was on here. What kind of chickens do you have?

7. leecey411

May 31, 2007
    Hi Cabe!
    We just moved here from the Ft. Lauderdale area. It's a dream come true for me. I am a New Yorker who always wanted to live in the country and now I have an acre and 1/2! We moved to Middleburg just this October. Quite a change for us and we love it! I hatched two silkies, and 10 Serama and now have an incubator fill of Naked Necks, Sizzles and Silkies with the possiblity of some Showgirls. I did get 2 little goats and 2 bunnies when I first moved. Nice to meet you. What do you raise?

8. Cabe

Cabe Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2007
    Florida
    I have 3 SLW hens, 1SLW Roo who was supposed to have been a hen, 2 BO hens,
    2 RIR hens, 3 Light Bramha hens, and 1 tiny little white black tailed jap hen, I was just at tractor supply today and rode out to Middleburg to see when Lisa's Feed Store would be getting her chicks in. I would love to have some silkies or sizzles if you have a few you would like to get rid of. I just keep mine for pets. I looked at an incubator today at TS but fought the urge (the husband would kill me).

9. leecey411

May 31, 2007
    Hi Cabe, I feel the threat of murder is no reason not to hatch!
    If things go well I may have some extra birds that I can share! Silkies are my favorites. The two I hatched are so sweet!

10. Iluvmychickens

Iluvmychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2007
    Jacksonville, Florida
    CABE_

I have 3 black male silkies 20 weeks old that I need to find a home for. If you are interested let me know.

DeeDee

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by