Breeders IN SD or South Dakota

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by rsleghornchicki, Feb 24, 2012.

1. I'm looking for chicken breeders in the sd with chicks available.

2. Wheeler Farms Chickens

Wheeler Farms Chickens Out Of The Brooder

Jul 1, 2011
    Piedmont, South Dakota
    Check out the craigslist for Rapid City. There is a gal by hot springs and I just got a response from a guy around Rapid. The guy has chicks for $3 that was posted a few days ago. The gal from Hot Springs was posted within the last couple weeks. I am from Piedmont, but just getting started so I am not breeding yet. LOL Well, I guess I should say that chickens are getting bred by my roo, but I am not hatching yet!

3. i saw those chicks in the paper... do you know what breed they are?

1 person likes this.
  4. Wheeler Farms Chickens

Jul 1, 2011
    Piedmont, South Dakota
    Sorry! I didnt subscribe to this post! I dont remember, but there are more on Craigslist now.

5. SouthDakotan

SouthDakotan Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello, What part of SOUTH Dakota are you in? I'm in Brookings county. I MAY have more than I planned since I ordered straight run in hopes of getting at least one hen and one roo of each of the breeds that I ordered. The order is to arrive in late April. If you want to exchange contact info or connect here, we can keep in touch.

6. Wheeler Farms Chickens

Jul 1, 2011
    Piedmont, South Dakota
    WOOHOO! I grew up in Brookings County. I know live in Meade. My name is Charlie Wheeler. What kinds did you order?

7. SouthDakotan

There is a breeder in Volga. I met her on facebook. Let me go to FB and get her name again.

8. ok thnxs i live near rapid city about 1/2 an hour away...I need egglayers and bantam d'uccles...prabally chicks for the end of march or april

9. SouthDakotan

I ordered silver Spangled Hamburg, black polish, Spangles cornish Bantam, Cream Light brown Dutch Bantam, B B Red Old English Bantam, Buff Wyandotte Bantam, and then some ducks (Campell, Mallar and Blue Swedeish). I also have King Pigeons coming in April. They are larger then average pigeons. And some rollers. Looking at also getting some Pheasant Pigeons from a guy in Brandon.

10. SouthDakotan

rsleghornchicki, I haven't forgotten my effort to find the name of that hatchery in Volga! I've been combing my posts trying to find the linkage to it, but can't remember the name. Its a small hobby-ish type facility that I found at one point, just this last week. Once I locate it, I will let you know.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by