Breeders near Houston??

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by FarmerGrant011, Aug 21, 2011.

1. FarmerGrant011

FarmerGrant011 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2011
    Sugar Land, TX
    Just wandering about the LOCAL breeders [​IMG]

2. m.r.heavenlyhens

m.r.heavenlyhens Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2011
    There are several breeders around Houston, TX. I have seen them posted on Craigs list Houston. One is in the Cleveland area, one just south of Houston and One that is listed as "Busters Chickens" that may not be too far from you. I have not bought from any of them but I do see them on craigs list and you can find "Busters Chickens" online by searching for it. Hope that helps. Take a look on Craigs list Houston and type in Chickens in the search for sale. Take care and keep your chickens cool. MM ps...........pray for rain!

3. quietlyscheming

quietlyscheming Out Of The Brooder

Sep 12, 2011
    Crosby, TX
    Quote:I'm in the Houston area too and will be shopping around, hopefully by Monday, for some chicks. Any luck finding local folks selling?

4. TxAg11

TxAg11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2016
    Houston, TX
    1. Sorry for bringing up an old thread.

2. I'm from Sugar Land too! Good to know there are other people circumventing the city and HOA's ;)

3. I used SeaBreeze Hens near Keemah. It's a bit of a drive, but worth it for the selection. The owner, Melinda, is incredibly helpful and is a wealth of knowledge. She runs a really great operation and has a lot of breeds and ages to choose from.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by