Breeders of Araucana chickens

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by 15shenyl, Nov 4, 2012.

1. 15shenyl

15shenyl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2012
    Yakima Washington
    In the spring, I would love to get a Araucana chick. The problem is that I only want one and I can't find anyone who sells them. I would like some information on where I could possibly get one of these chicks. Thanks.

2. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

http://www.hinkjcpoultry.com/
    Their power is out according to their website but they are a moderator on BYC sometimes- you might be able to PM them.

They would have the true Araucana.

Hatcheries sell what they call an aracauna, but is really an Easter Egger. Bantam and Large fowl. Is that what you had in mind?

3. 15shenyl

Jul 14, 2012
    Yakima Washington
    No, I want a true rumpless Araucana. Also what do you think a chick would cost about?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  4. ChickensAreSweet

If you get an incubator you can hatch out a couple of chicks (you don't want to have one chick by itself or it will be lonely). I'd hatch out 6 or 7 in case of mortality plus roosters (shipped eggs for me have about a 50% hatch rate which is I think considered OK).

They sell hatching eggs of Orps, so they probably sell them for the Araucanas I'd assume.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  5. 15shenyl

Jul 14, 2012
    Yakima Washington
    I can't afford an incubator so I have to get a live chick. I have other chickens here at home, I'm also getting several other breeds of chickens with this one. I sold my roosters so I can only have 5 more chickens total with the others I have, I am getting 5 different breeds.

6. ChickensAreSweet

I don't know how much they cost...sorry I just saw that question even though you had typed it earlier.

Good luck and sorry I don't know how to help more!

7. 15shenyl

Jul 14, 2012
    Yakima Washington
    That's ok, thanks for the web sight, I looked over it. I just want to plan out for the feature and gather any information I can.

8. cashdl

cashdl Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2008
    Willits
    Here is my website www.cashsblueeggs.com

In the spring I will have chickens available for sale. If you only want 1 that is fine. They are $35.00 for a cleanfaced and rumpless and $65.00+ for a tufted and cleanfaced depending on quality. I only work with the APA BBR, Silver and Golden Duckwing, and a Red Paint color. Everyonce in a while I hatch blue and black from these pens but it is rare.

Lanae

9. 15shenyl

Jul 14, 2012
    Yakima Washington
    You can sell only one chick to me, if you sell chicks? Because if so, I might buy one. Also what would shipping be and can you sex it?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  10. 15shenyl

Jul 14, 2012
    Yakima Washington
    I was jus reading you for sale chicks, do you sell rumpless and tufted chicks?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by