breeders of the best blue and green eggs ? Can anyone recommend?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by ELOISEtheCHICKEN, Jul 16, 2008.

1. ELOISEtheCHICKEN

ELOISEtheCHICKEN Out Of The Brooder

Jul 10, 2008
    Can anyone reccommend the best breeders you have bought from for beautiful bright blue and green eggs ?

2. BantyHugger

BantyHugger Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Ponder
    Mine are about ready to start laying. I'll report back on Ideal as soon as i get an egg.

3. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    I buy my fertile eggs from Lisa "Dipsy Doodle Doo" here on BYC. Her birds are blue/black/splash Ameraucanas that lay beautiful green eggs. I had a 100% hatch rate with the first eggs I bought from her, my first hatch ever, and they hatched Valentines Day and just started laying their first beautiful green eggs this week - just short of five months old. I just put a new batch of 20 eggs from Dipsy in bator yesterday. She offers eggs almost weekly on Buy, Sell, Trade section.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Try Pips and Peeps...she is one of the good Amercuana breeders in BYC here!

SpeckledHen and Jody has some good ones too, maybe they are not raising any more Amercuanas. Some of the BYCers may have some of their stock.

5. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Eloise, blue eggs are typically only bright early in the laying cycle. The longer the hen lays through the season, the paler the egg shells get. Once they go through winter moult, they brighten up again next spring. Just thought I'd point that out..buying eggs this time of year, it will be difficult to see the true color of the eggs.

We have araucana that lay blue eggs. We no longer raise our buff ameraucana, which laid nice blue eggs as well.

Jody

6. ELOISEtheCHICKEN

ELOISEtheCHICKEN Out Of The Brooder

Jul 10, 2008
    Really intersting about the egg cycle, thanks.

7. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    I have eggs from Jean (Pips&Peeps) and Paula and Angela Smith and all of their eggs were beautiful!

8. Smoky73

Smoky73 Lyon Master

Feb 8, 2007
    Colorado
    My blacks lay pretty nice eggs. You can check out the pics on my website below.

9. wanna be farmer

wanna be farmer Out Of The Brooder

Feb 19, 2012
    I looked into pips and peeps, and loved the egg color but when I went to the site it said she no longer takes orders. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by