1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Breeders or hatcheries near Enumclaw, WA?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by PurpleGizmo, Jul 19, 2008.

1. PurpleGizmo

PurpleGizmo Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2008
    Enumclaw, WA
    Hi there,

My family and I recently moved to Enumclaw, WA and plan getting four, day-old pullets next spring. Do any of your have advice on places to get day-old chicks in this area? I should probably mention the breeds I'm interested in—and yes, there are more options here than I have space for! [​IMG] Since we have small kids, the emphasis is on personality first followed by eggs.

Breeds (in order of preference, though they all seem good!):
    Plymouth Rock (Barred)
    Australorp
    Orpington (Buff)
    Ameraucana (my wife seems interested in this one)
    Speckled Sussex
    Dorking (probably won't find this, but can't hurt to ask!)
    Delaware

I have found places on-line that will ship less than 25 chick but I'm concerned that we're too far away from a major metropolitan area to make this a good option. I have spoken to our local feed store but I'd rather keep that option as a last-resort since they only plan to get two of the breeds I'm interested in (Australorp and Orpington).

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I say go ahead and get 25 [​IMG]

It's pretty easy to sell extra girls around here in the Seattle area at least.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by