Breeders?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Chicken Girl, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Chicken Girl

Chicken Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Do any of you guys know of breeders here? That sell day old chicks? I would like to start breeding chickens and i need some prue bread chickens! Thanks,

Chicken Girl

2. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Many of us are breeders, just say what breed you want and there should be someone with that breed.

3. Chicken Girl

Dec 31, 2008
    Wisconsin
    i am looking for JG, Silkies, and Polish, and any other chicken breeds we could make money off breeding and selling eggs! Thanks!

CHicken Girl

4. Bantimna

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    There is a JG thread here.

5. Bantimna

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
  6. Chicken Girl

Dec 31, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Yup! Oh how is the market for selling pure breed chicken eggs? Is there any profit in it? I have JGs from Welp hatchery i am going to breed them and see what happens. But i have one silkie from there and its a she so am going to need a roo. But whats better buying eggs from some body or buying there birds?

THANKS!!!!!

CHicken Girl

7. roboboy

roboboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2009
    Central Wisconsin
    Where are you located in WI and what breeds are ya looking for?

8. ILOVEFRIZZLES

ILOVEFRIZZLES Red Roof Hens

Feb 2, 2009
    Hamilton Ga
    Will it is very addicting but as for as money will you are not going to get rich anytime soon. But it is a great hobby with a small profit sometimes but it can pay for itself so that is a good hobby to me.

9. Chicken Girl

Dec 31, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Polk/StCrox Wi. I am looking for Silkies JG and Polish. I will have to wait till spring or summer to do all this but i want to get all my ducks in a row. lol Thanks,

Chicken Girl

10. destiny_56085

destiny_56085 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2009
    Sleepy Eye, MN
    I live about 3 hours from you over in MN. I could help you with the silkie chicks. It takes more than just buying some young stock to start making money off the birds though. It takes years of breeding them, knowledge of the breed itself, going to shows, and simply getting your name out there for good birds. If you start with hatchery quality birds you will never get decent prices and will probably have a hard time selling alot of eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by