Breeding Advice?

Veiji

Chirping
Apr 7, 2021
Sturgis, Michigan, USA
We have some Turkens we hatched last week, of the 9, one was a Frizzle.

We wanted to breed for showgirls, so we got 6 Silkies.

If we breed the Frizzle Turken with a Silkie, what would we get? (Turkens all have bowties).

Our goal is Showgirls, and Sizzle Showgirls.

How would we go about doing that? We have so many people asking us to breed them but we have no experience in breeding them, but it's something we are very much interested in. We have a seperate coop being made speacially for the breeding chickens (Fits about 6 Adults). If the Frizzle is male, and we breed it with a female Silkie, or vice-versa What would we get?

Any advice is appreciated!

Our Frizzle Turken below!

Attachments

• received_1641085206100802.jpeg
    received_1641085206100802.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 11
In the first generation, you’ll get smooth-feathered chicks, half of which should have naked necks. You may also get all naked neck chicks. Half of the chicks from the frizzle should be frizzled. To create showgirls, keep breeding the naked neck chicks back to silkies until they resemble silkies in all traits except the naked neck. To keep the frizzled trait you’ll have to breed the frizzled chicks specifically (never breed frizzle to frizzle).

In the first generation, you’ll get smooth-feathered chicks, half of which should have naked necks. You may also get all naked neck chicks. Half of the chicks from the frizzle should be frizzled. To create showgirls, keep breeding the naked neck chicks back to silkies until they resemble silkies in all traits except the naked neck. To keep the frizzled trait you’ll have to breed the frizzled chicks specifically (never breed frizzle to frizzle).
X2

Okay, so if I'm getting this correct -

Frizzle NN(Gen1) to Silkie(Parent1)
Frizzle NN(Gen2) to Silkie(Parent2)
Frizzle NN(Gen3) to Silkie(Parent3)
and repeat until desired traits (Sizzle Showgirl)

Do I have to swap out the Silkie with every generation of babies?
Also, which would be the best route after gen 1, Female NN-to-Male Silkie or Male NN-to-Female Silkie?

Okay, so if I'm getting this correct -

Frizzle NN(Gen1) to Silkie(Parent1)
Frizzle NN(Gen2) to Silkie(Parent2)
Frizzle NN(Gen3) to Silkie(Parent3)
and repeat until desired traits (Sizzle Showgirl)

Do I have to swap out the Silkie with every generation of babies?
Also, which would be the best route after gen 1, Female NN-to-Male Silkie or Male NN-to-Female Silkie?
You don’t have to only breed the frizzles. Just make sure to include them in every generation, as the gene is dominate so any bird not expressing it doesn’t have it.

Back
Top Bottom