Breeding Blue Partridge Satin?

Badoux3

Hatching
Apr 17, 2020
Hello everyone,

I’m currently dabbling with ideas for breeding projects on our Silkies and Satins.
Currently I have 2 buff satins, that I really want to try to breed more out off.
and I have a blue-partridge satin Hen, and her offspring which is a blue hen

Now I know this wouldn’t be SOP standard, but we’re mostly breeding our Satins for fun, and to sell them as pets, but we do want to improve them to the SOP body standard (just not the colour in this case)

Anyway. I’m still trying to learn chicken colour genetics, and I’m trying to figure out if it would be possible to try to recreate this blue partridge colour in a satin? What would I need to do? 😅

Attachments

• C7885D10-E11C-4AAC-A750-4903AC10F649.jpeg
    C7885D10-E11C-4AAC-A750-4903AC10F649.jpeg
    602.7 KB · Views: 96
  • A5904FCD-675C-41EC-9635-64B70EE58375.jpeg
    A5904FCD-675C-41EC-9635-64B70EE58375.jpeg
    279.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 3ABDD3EB-732C-43A9-A2F1-03AF7A70D885.jpeg
    3ABDD3EB-732C-43A9-A2F1-03AF7A70D885.jpeg
    840.3 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
As for blue partridge, use a rooster that is partridge, blue partridge, splash partridge, or gray. Then breed back to the blue partridge hen and her daughter.

As for blue partridge, use a rooster that is partridge, blue partridge, splash partridge, or gray. Then breed back to the blue partridge hen and her daughter.
Ooh! Interesting, I see.. so i’m going to assume the results of that breeding would have quite a few varied results right?
is there any type of offspring that would be more ideal than another to breed back?

Ooh! Interesting, I see.. so i’m going to assume the results of that breeding would have quite a few varied results right?
is there any type of offspring that would be more ideal than another to breed back?
Yes. Even blue partridge x blue partridge produces blue partridge, splash partridge, and (black) partridge.
Choose ones with smooth-feathering if you want more satin offspring.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I’m currently dabbling with ideas for breeding projects on our Silkies and Satins.
Currently I have 2 buff satins, that I really want to try to breed more out off.

Now I know this wouldn’t be SOP standard, but we’re mostly breeding our Satins for fun, and to sell them as pets, but we do want to improve them to the SOP body standard (just not the colour in this case)

Anyway. I’m still trying to learn chicken colour genetics, and I’m trying to figure out if it would be possible to try to recreate this blue partridge colour in a satin? What would I need to do? 😅
what is the color classification for the last one? (gray)

Hello everyone,

Beautiful birds! 🥰

Back
Top Bottom