Breeding Coop Plans & Ideas

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by I Love Layers, Dec 26, 2016.

1. I Love Layers

I Love Layers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2015
    Middle of Nowhere
    I am starting out breeding large fowl Blue, Black and Splash cochins.

I am in urgent need of some plans for a breeding coop. Preferably cheap, but we all know how that goes.

My dad would be helping a lot with it as I am a minor, we just built a house, the only thing we didn't do was pour concrete, so we are quite capable of a chicken coop.

We have some old windows from when we replaced windows in our old house. A lot of extra electrical wiring from our current house. Air nailer, generator for the air nailer, and hoses for it. And one of our neighbors is a retired electrician just in case we need any help.

So some of the major costs are covered like the windows and electrical. I think if my dad does say we can build it we will sheet rock 2 sides since that's cheaper then insulation.

But mainly I have to convince him. The minute I bring up another coop he says, You've already got one'.

I do have money saved up for it, and I plan on using egg money to help pay for it along with money I was given by my grandpa a few years back.

So if anyone had any plans or ideas on what to included it would be awesome if you could share!

2. I Love Layers

I Love Layers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2015
    Middle of Nowhere
    Any ideas?

3. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    The powers that be have spoken....
    I've been on both sides of the 'when you pay the rent/mortgage' line.
    Sorry, but I agree with Dad.

Your urgency is desire, not need.

But Hey.... keep dreaming, yeah.....
    advanced search, titles only> breeding pens
    Click that link and start reading, taking notes, and planning.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by