Breeding help!!

Majd

Songster
9 Years
Jun 22, 2012
Hii
I have a red star roo and hen... if bred together is their a chance that they produce SOME red star chicks( b/c not all of the chicks will be b/c red stars are a cross breed) If you understood what I meant please!!! Reply!!! And can my red star roo and all the rest of my hen(breeds and mixes) produce chicks that have the good laying gene?

Thank you both and donrae the thread that you showed to me was very helpful... But are the 2nd and 3rd generations good layers as their parents... I don't care a bout colors I want the good laying gene!!! please if anyone knows the answer reply!!

Thank you both and donrae the thread that you showed to me was very helpful... But are the 2nd and 3rd generations good layers as their parents... I don't care a bout colors I want the good laying gene!!! please if anyone knows the answer reply!!
Fred went into that--said the third gen layers were still outstanding. Not quite to par with the first gen, but still above average. Read that entire thread if you really want informantion, he's got a ton there.

Back
Top Bottom