Breeding pens

kkowa

Songster
7 Years
Mar 27, 2012
Wisconson
So we are moving and the house we are most likely to get has a 30' by 20' barn on the property and I want to set up some breeding pens I would like atleast 10 breeding pens I plan to add outside runs onto these also if you have any ideas please let me know!

pop.gif

This is what I would do.

I would take one side of the barn and make all ten of the pens on that side. Every pen would be 3' wide and 5' long so that all 10 pens are in a line. As you said each pen would have a pop door to an outside run of 3' wide to as long as possible. I would have have the feeders and drinkers all on the close side inside the barn so that they could all be serviced quickly and easily. The roost bars would be in the middle. Each pen would be about 5' tall with a full side door from the inside and divided by a solid wooden divider up to about 3' and hardware cloth for the last two feet.

If that plan was used each pen would comfortable hol a trio or pair or even a quad at a push. All the daily chores could be done easily from the inside. Just how I would do it.

There was a post on here I saw a while back which had photos of a huge barn setup with breeding pens like you are interested in. You could try looking that up. Wish I had a barn that big to do the same.

Back
Top Bottom