Breeding Projects -- Waterfowl

Ducks and Banny hens

Songster
8 Years
Nov 22, 2011
On a little Farm.
Here is a thread everyone may find interesting....
- Post about planned projects.... (the more boring detail, the better)
- inquire about how to achieve a certain goal (myself and a couple of others on the forum are very good with duck-genetics).

Who wants to goes first? What are you working on?

Quote:
Im working on creating my own SQ welsh harlequin lines
big_smile.png
does this count?

Quote:
Im working on creating my own SQ welsh harlequin lines
big_smile.png
does this count?

Yep, personal strains count!
big_smile.png

Yay! Lol. What are you working on?

I want to try to cross WH and calls to make a miniature WH with the help if selective breeding. My plan is to breed my call drake with one of my WH girls and then take a drake offspring from both of them and breed it with my silver call duck female and then go from there. I'm still not sure if I want to try this just yet, but I think it would be interesting. I may not get the results I want, but it would be an interesting combination.

I've got new Blue Swedish. So this spring all I will be doing is breeding them to evaluate what I get when they are bred. After a couple of test hatches, I will then be better able to make some plans for them.

Geese will be hatched for the table. Pekins will be hatched for the table, evaluating the utility of the line.

Appleyards, I would like to increase the silver on the drakes' throats. I've got one drake with a lot of silver, so I will see what he can do for me. Other than that, it is maintain size and quality.

The drakes go to shows this spring to see what the judges think of them.

Back
Top Bottom