breeding season

Tony K T

Crowing
13 Years
Jul 28, 2008
New Hampshire
Well the pens are set for breeding season.New xmas trees and fresh straw spread thru their pen and in their nest boxes.Now just wait until March and see who lays the first egg.Maybe Feb with the peacock hen as she lays a little earlier then the others.All that's left to do is worm them in Feb.and then wait for chicks to appear.
In N.H.,Tony.

I use Ivemec 1cc per gallon of water.They should be wormed 2 times a year and your diggers,impeyans,eareds,and cheers 3 times.Tractor Supply(TS) carries it or you can order it online,but I think TS is cheaper and no shipping cost.I do mine in Feb and again in August.After your fist worming you need to repeat 10 days after to kill the cycle.
In N.H.,Tony.

That's what I do.Some people inject it,but I don't trust myself ecspecially with a jumpy gamebird.I drain their water for a day so when I put the meds in they are sure to drink it.
In N.H.,Tony.

Tony that is funny----breeding season

I am still trying to fix this, from the ice storm, then the snow that I got hit buy.
No lost birds, some got out but they came back

Steve

I was just wondering because I thought that but last year my rgs began late april and carrie on until late August which I thought was quite late.

Back
Top Bottom