Breeding Squatch

FortCluck

Hatch-a-Long Queen
Sep 9, 2019
Central Virginia
We would like to breed our Jersey Giant... We want to know which fertile eggs we should incubate for a dual purpose bird. We have the following laying hens that are mating with him... Cochin, Red Sex Link, Barred Rock, and Deleware.

We wanted to keep some of the pullets for friends as well since many of them want Squatch babies. Some have even asked about getting a cockeral because of his temperament.
IMG_20190916_093658~2.jpg

Well... the barred Rock would give you sex linked chicks with the females being black and males having a white spot on their head eventually being barred once feathered in.

I'm not personally impressed with any of the (hatchery quality) breeds you mention for their DP aspects, after raising hundreds of birds. So hatch what ya want from those mentioned. ;)

What color is the skin on bottom of his feet? He almost looks like an Australorp... but that could be because he is still young. :pop

Well... the barred Rock would give you sex linked chicks with the females being black and males having a white spot on their head eventually being barred once feathered in.

I'm not personally impressed with any of the (hatchery quality) breeds you mention for their DP aspects, after raising hundreds of birds. So hatch what ya want from those mentioned. ;)

What color is the skin on bottom of his feet? He almost looks like an Australorp... but that could be because he is still young. :pop
He's definitely a Jersey Giant, he's up to my knees (about 2 feet tall) he's only 4 months old. He weighs about 10 lbs already. He has black legs and feet with yellow soles.

Barred Rock and Sexlink hens would be the best out of the four for dual purpose offspring.
Okay thank you. Our sex link ginger is his favorite so far. They're inseparable. We have another jersey giant rooster too, but he's maturing slower, he just started crowing today.

Back
Top Bottom