Breeding to get white polish

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by kathie grey, Jan 17, 2017.

1. kathie grey

kathie grey Out Of The Brooder

Oct 13, 2013
    Connecticut
    Hello....I am wondering what are the possible combinations that will produce a solid white polish bird? I hatched eggs that were from white crested black and silver laced...supposed to be 2 different pens from the breeder but somehow I ended up with a gorgeous white hen. I lost her...she was egg bound with her first 4 eggs all backed up inside [​IMG]. I can't find a breeder of solid white so I'm wondering what crossing can produce this. The breeder I got the eggs from has no idea (?)

Interestingly enough...I got white crested blue eggs from someone and I ended up with a blue splash...she is white with a few blue feathers here and there.

2. SunHwaKwon

SunHwaKwon Overrun With Chickens

Jul 19, 2015
    Eastern Shore, MD
    I don't know about the question regarding breeding for white. I tried fooling around with the genetics calculator but it only has the lackenvelder pattern genes (which were used to create white crested black from what I've read). In any case, crossing the laced with anything seems to give you laced, so someone must have been carrying some anomaly, and maybe some of your current flock have it as well but it would take a while to figure out which two to cross together to express it.

As far as the white crested blue goes, I suspect that those blue genes work the same as the rest, and blue x blue can result in blue, black, and splash...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by