Breeds of my bantam crossbreed pullet

But... just for the sake of thinking outside the box...

This little silkie bantam sebright cross doesn’t have lacing going on. Little black one.
View attachment 2236245 The sebright parent could have drown out the lacing and spots. Just a thought. I know very little about genetics and what traits will surface in chicks.
Me neither! It is possible...do you have any idea when they would lay? THe breeder said 22-24 weeks, but the year are 26. I let them out at dawn, and they have already gone to bed, they’d put themselves in at 4:45 ish. I think there’s about 10 hours of sun now. I’ve heard that first years often lay better through winter. The days are getting longer.

But... just for the sake of thinking outside the box...

This little silkie bantam sebright cross doesn’t have lacing going on. Little black one.
View attachment 2236245 The sebright parent could have drown out the lacing and spots. Just a thought. I know very little about genetics and what traits will surface in chicks.
[/QUOTE
Wait, so it was a silkie x Sebright? Gosh, without the head it’s the spitting image of ebony!

Hi I am new here, although I often read through old threads for chicken info. I have 4 25-26 week old girls that I have had since they were 8 weeks. I got them from a great breeder, but he didn’t breed them specifically so he wasn’t sure what breeds they were. I know they are all bantam crossbreeds, or at least half. I have suspicions of what breeds they are, but I’m not sure. I’d love if anyone could give me ideas or confirm.

This is Ebony- She is half silkie and possibly half Wyandotte. That’s just a guess. She has a fluffy crest on her head, but it looks more like a small polish crest, it’s not very big. She has one or two tiny centimetre long feathers on her feet and only four toes. She has dark skin and meat, and has blue ears. She is around 25 weeks old, not yet laying, but I believe is close because she has started squatting. She has a little walnut comb coming up, and some tiny waddles. She weighs a bit under a kilogram, but I think she’s still growing. (Sorry about Poppy photobombing, she loves to be in photos!)
View attachment 2236118View attachment 2236119
That is a seriously gorgeous pullet!!!

I was referring to your original post. I’m a bit loopy from surgery today. So I’m something doesn’t make sense, that’s why lol

My one silkie sebright cross isn’t quite old enough to have colored lobes. So we shall see!
Hope you recover well! I think all silkies have blue ears, not sure about crosses. I didn’t think about them not being born with blue ears. Now that I think about it, when ebony was smol her ears weren’t very bright.
1E113CC1-1ECD-46EC-B76E-3179F2C839D3.jpeg
Also, does your pullet have 4 toes?

Oh, and this is baby kiwi, if that for some reason helps. I’m not sure how old, but she didn’t quite gave all her feathers, and fit in my hand. I think she was 4-5 weeks. She was so cute and tiny! She had a hint of a tiny crest, so the breeder suggested that she could be half polish. (I’m holding her a little weirdly in the last photo, I was trying to tell aka a photo with one hand, don’t worry, I don’t usually hold chickens like this lol 😂)
F3EACE92-66D8-4C8A-8EB3-03F992DF9524.jpeg
FCCBB8A1-331F-4769-91DC-D33AF9BE6E5A.jpeg
B7F5B384-99F1-4A91-9B0F-E50E9C2D3013.jpeg

I love seeing all the crosses!
I have 7 'Sprights'--- an intentional cross of my Spitzhauben rooster and Sebright hen.
This pic shows a Spitzhauben pullet in the foreground and 3 of her Spright half sisters. They have the spangles of their papa, the lacing of the hen and smallish crests. At 8 weeks they are already as big as their tiny mama.
Spitz n Sprights 7-8.jpg

I love seeing all the crosses!
I have 7 'Sprights'--- an intentional cross of my Spitzhauben rooster and Sebright hen.
This pic shows a Spitzhauben pullet in the foreground and 3 of her Spright half sisters. They have the spangles of their papa, the lacing of the hen and smallish crests. At 8 weeks they are already as big as their tiny mama.
View attachment 2237097
They are so cute! 🥰

Back
Top Bottom