Breeds of my Tractor Supply Red Pullets?

LittleZ

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 23, 2012
Vermont
My six TSC "assorted red pullets" are almost about six weeks old. Accepting that they might by all be crosses, I do seem to have three distinct different types among them. Thoughts?

Two look a lot like my red sex link/comet did at this age but lighter, they are quite a bit bigger than the other four at this stage...

Three have fewer light feathers but still a light colored butt...

And one is mostly red including her bum, she is the smallest.

Thanks! It will interesting to see if the differences remain as they mature. I recently gave them all names and have been using mostly their markings to tell them apart.
wink.png

Thanks! It will interesting to see if the differences remain as they mature. I recently gave them all names and have been using mostly their markings to tell them apart.
wink.png
HI,
I have 2 TSC birds. I will take pictures, they look just like yours.

My best layer came from TSC last spring, also a red sex link. So I am very excited to have a few more of her type. Despite being my smallest hen, she lays a huge dark brown almost globe-shaped egg (barely fit in a jumbo carton) nearly every day occasional lays a super-sized double yolker. She is also the most friendly and inquisitive of my layers. She did lose most of the points on her comb to frostbite this winter. That seems to be the only disadvantage to this breed.
These chicks are also becoming super friendly, they love to climb up on me, especially the little all red one I call Ginger.
love.gif

My best layer came from TSC last spring, also a red sex link. So I am very excited to have a few more of her type. Despite being my smallest hen, she lays a huge dark brown almost globe-shaped egg (barely fit in a jumbo carton) nearly every day occasional lays a super-sized double yolker. She is also the most friendly and inquisitive of my layers. She did lose most of the points on her comb to frostbite this winter. That seems to be the only disadvantage to this breed.
These chicks are also becoming super friendly, they love to climb up on me, especially the little all red one I call Ginger.
love.gif
Awww, my white leghorns climb up on me and sit. I noticed the 2 TSC girls are quiet and friendly already. I am happy to hear about the great egg laying of them too.
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom