Breeds question (with pics)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SarahIrl, Jul 7, 2010.

1. SarahIrl

SarahIrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    West Cork, Ireland
    Told this guy is a pekin, but he seems more hamburg than that, certainly blue

[​IMG]

This bantam hen and rooster?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  2. NaomiSarah

NaomiSarah Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2010
    I don't know, but WHAT AN AWESOME COLOR COMBINATION on the bottom roo

3. SarahIrl

May 4, 2010
    West Cork, Ireland
    Yeah, he's really cool too, a laid back boy. He's my second choice - my preferred rooster flew off on the seller 50 feet up in the air and over a dual carraigeway when he tried to box him up for me at the sale. So I got him for free as a consolation. The hen is getting on a bit, has had many hatches and is an old broody (bare tummy) but started laying for me again today. Had her since a week last Sunday, so about 10 days and today's the first egg I got. These two are in with a welsummer bantam hen I picked up too, she won a 2nd prize for me in a show last sunday even though she has started to moult!

4. SarahIrl

May 4, 2010
    West Cork, Ireland
    bump - need to sell these on so want to know what to advertise as??

5. nzpouter

nzpouter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    1st one is silkie pekin x...
    the 2 are crossbreds... maybe game x.. or leghorn x looking at the white lobe on the roo...

6. SarahIrl

May 4, 2010
    West Cork, Ireland
    Cheers. Am letting the hen sit on eggs next week, she seems to be getting a bit broody. Will pop in some golf balls for a day or to to be sure she'll sit but collect eggs until I have enough first. She's in a small coop with another bantam hen and rooster, will I have to seperate them if I let her sit? My big birds would decimate them.... Looks like I'll have to put in a broody pen too now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by