Breeds that come in fawn and white?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by javajanie, Jul 21, 2010.

1. javajanie

javajanie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Southern MD
    My sister in law bought a duck from a local farm that is fawn and white with a distinct white ring around it's neck. It looks like it could be a lesser quality runner, but I wasn't sure. Are there any other breeds that come in a fawn and white pattern similar to the runner?

2. CityChicker

CityChicker Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Any breed *can* come in Fawn and White with selective breeding. Most likely though it is just a production quality Runner as there is nothing else that *commonly* comes in that color.

3. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    I don't know of anything else that is likely to show up in that color. Probably a production Runner. [​IMG] They are wonderful birds.

4. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    if it is from a feed store than it is most likely a runner! but call ducks come in fawn and white but that is the only other breed that comes to mind, but calls dont come from a feed store.

5. javajanie

javajanie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Southern MD
    Thanks everyone. It's definitely not a call, as she's a pretty tall duck. She got her from a local Amish farm. I'm pretty sure every so often this farm gets about 150 assorted breed ducks. Mine came from the same farm and I ended up with an Ancona and a Dusky Campbell. She ended up with a Black Swedish and what appear to be a white runner and a fawn and white runner. Her daughter is supposed to be e-mailing me a picture to put up on here so you all can see.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by