Breeds

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by The Angry Hen, Dec 17, 2016.

1. The Angry Hen

The Angry Hen Chicken Obsessed

Dec 17, 2016
    Maine
    I have twenty five chickens and three guinea hens.
    Plus I name all of my chickens and they are for eggs only.
    My oldest I call shady acres there is four hens one rooster, the rooster is a buff orpington so are two hens,
    there is one golden laced wyandotte hen we used to have three but two passed, and one partridge Plymouth rock hen same situation.
    My middle aged ones are one Delaware dorking rooster and one new Hampshire red hen that is far sighted.
    I have what I call the nursery and there is a mother australorp hen and her baby Delaware dorking new Hampshire.
    I have one new Hampshire rooster that is in a rabbits cage, fourteen anonymous genders of Blue cochins, salmon faverolle, buff brahmas, and speckled susex's. I would advise people not to get australorps I have three by the tracks and not for a good reason.

2. ChickenGrass

ChickenGrass Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2015
    Republic of Ireland
    :welcome.
    Hello from Ireland.
    I am glad to joined the flock!
    It looks like you have quite a selection of chickens!
    Goodluck
    Fionn.

1 person likes this.
  3. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under The Angry Hen [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy BYC. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. ChickenGrass

ChickenGrass Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2015
    Republic of Ireland
    My favorite breed is between
    Bantam buff Orpington, barbu d'Anver, and bantam Cochin (pekin)
    What's your favorite [email protected] Angry Hen
    Fionn.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
    The Angry Hen likes this.
  5. The Angry Hen

The Angry Hen Chicken Obsessed

Dec 17, 2016
    Maine
    Probably buff orpingtons, I have to find out more about my fourteen others but so far I like the faverolles. I was supprised oneday to find out
    that Australorps are in the buff orpington family they are more so aggressive.

6. N F C

N F C Happy T-Day! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

You can read reviews on the breeds you have, there are a lot of members that have written their experiences with them. There is also an ongoing breed focus project where every 2 weeks or so, a specific breed is highlighted (you can find these using the search box).

Good luck with your mixed flock and thank you for joining us!

1 person likes this.
  7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You may want to post photos of your unknown birds at "what breed or gender is this," to get their opinions. They are very good at what they do. Welcome to BYC

8. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! I am so glad you joined us, and I am sure you will enjoy it here! Please make yourself at home! :frow

The Angry Hen likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by