Breeds???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by leah_c, May 16, 2010.

1. leah_c

leah_c Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Hi there!! Have a question on breeds of my banties. First off, I'm new to chickens thanks to my husband and my daughter!! They have been bugging me for awhile and I finally caved! So he ordered bantams from TS (6 of them). When we went to pick them up there were 9 and they talked us into taking them all. They are a mixture. The same day we picked up Silkies from my sister-in-law. So if anyone has any ideas on my banties I would greatly appreciate it!! There are 2 black Silkies, 1 white Silkie 4 brown sparrow looking banties, 2 white banties and 2 black banties all are clean-legged. They are also about 3 weeks old. Thanks!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. watersoflethe

watersoflethe Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Corona/Mira Loma CA
    i feel its really hard to tell with these pics.
    can you get better pics of them with a closer view and not from the top?

i feel like i see golden sebrights though....

3. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    I see a sebright on the left in the first pic. And some silkies in the next. Otherwise... I dunno.

4. AmberH

AmberH Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2010
    The left bird in the first pic is definately a golden Sebright.

5. leah_c

May 13, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Thank you!!! That's kinda what I was thinking (Sebright). I'll try and get better pictures. Been going through books and websites trying to figure them out but thought I'd try and get some help from people that would know more. We knew that we had silkies cuz they came from a different place it's the mix we got from Tractor Supply we didn't know.

6. leah_c

May 13, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Okay, so I took some more pics of the ones that I still have questions on. The brown sparrow looking one, there are three more like that one. And another white one. Also the second picture and the last one are similar birds but don't think they're the same bird. Thanks again!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. laughaha

laughaha Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    I got one of the chipmunky/sparrow looking ones from TSC- sent Mt. Healthy pics and they said it was a bbred oegb.

8. leah_c

May 13, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Thanks for the help! Getting some Frizzles on Friday! Hope they all get along.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by