breeds??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by amandadrewry, Aug 20, 2014.

1. amandadrewry

amandadrewry Out Of The Brooder

Jun 16, 2014
    My 2 surprise chicks. I'm thinking possibly an ameraucana & a blue Andalusian, but I'm new at this & pretty much clueless. Anybody know what I've got?[​IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

2. amandadrewry

Jun 16, 2014
    [​IMG]

3. amandadrewry

Jun 16, 2014
    [​IMG]

4. dretd

dretd Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    Ft Collins, CO
    Hi amandadrewry and [​IMG] Cute chicks!

I think one of the photos didn't load. Do you have a side or top shot of the brown one?

That being said, the grey one could very well be a Blue Andalusian. It seems to have fairly dainty legs and the color is about right.

I the other is not an 'Ameraucana'--mostly hatcheries label them as 'Americaunas' but they don't match the breed standards for Aneraucanas so they are usually referred to as Easter Eggers by everyone else. Plus, I doubt it is an Americana/EE... typically EEs have willow legs and their color is more chipmunk-like.

From what I see of the color pattern, the brown one reminds me more of a Barnevelder.

Could you tell us what hatchery they came from> it would narrow the guesses down quite a bit!

5. amandadrewry

Jun 16, 2014

6. amandadrewry

Jun 16, 2014
    I seem to be having trouble getting my photos to load. May have to try again later. They came from McMurray hatchery though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by