Breezy Bird Farms Canada

Hello all
I was wondering if anyone has used breezy bird farms and ordered a mystery chick order or anything at all ?
Reviews would be great !
Thanks
I didn't do a mystery order but I did order from them when I first started getting into chickens/hatching because they had a rare breed I wanted at the time. I am from Ontario and none of the eggs made it. Packaging was great just too far I think.

I didn't do a mystery order but I did order from them when I first started getting into chickens/hatching because they had a rare breed I wanted at the time. I am from Ontario and none of the eggs made it. Packaging was great just too far I think.
I'm thinking on live chicks just a few and see what happens

Hello all
I was wondering if anyone has used breezy bird farms and ordered a mystery chick order or anything at all ?
Reviews would be great !
Thanks
I have just had a horrible experience dealing with them. She couldn't fill my order of 15 chicks that I placed back in January. Zero communication or updates, and now I asked where my order was staying and she hadn't started on it yet. Only had 1 hen laying, so no incubated eggs yet, and was told it will take as long as it takes, and that I shouldn't have ordered 15 chicks, even though she had no problem taking $240 for the 15 chicks back in January. She gave me a refund of $40 and told me to look elsewhere.
I also have a friend who ordered eggs from her this spring @ $60/dozen, and they were shipped and arrived completely frozen. She wouldn't respond to emails for a long time and then blamed the shipping company, and that was that.
She charges high prices, so was expecting high quality product and service. Very lacking in both of these departments. Will definitely not recommend, and if you do order, just know your paying up front, and read all of her terms and conditions, because there are many, and most will leave you without product or money, and her with it.

Just ordered from them and my experience was good. Pre-ordered in November and had picked up this past Saturday (March 4th). Communications were good including when I had initially placed the order. I got confirmation right away and received an email from Candace to confirm that I was okay for pickup noting that I live 6 hours away. She kept me in the loop when she started to fulfill my order and when she set the eggs with a date and time for pickup. I had ordered 38 chicks and 8 different breeds. The day before pickup she sent and e-mail confining I was still good to pickup and that there were some that were short (didn’t hatch) and alternatives she could give. Picked them up and discovered she included a couple of ‘surprise chicks’ when I looked at the updated invoice at home. We had short email correspondence (confirming chicks made it safe and healthy) after I had picked them up. All in all I had a great experience and the chicks so far are doing well and growing quick. With the negative comments above, not sure if this helps you or not.

Honest review scale of 1(not good at all)-10(excellent) :

Ordering 9/10:

Ordering online was super easy, quick pick up turn around time was a couple days.

Location 10/10:
Was easy to locate the establishment based on directions that were given.

Availability of hatching eggs 6/10:
Availability fluctuates a lot day to day, understandable during busy season but not a lot of rhyme or reason as to 1-2 eggs of one breed were added and then all of a sudden quantities were gone just before placing the order- I can only attribute this to high order volumes.

Quality of chicks hatched 4/10:

Granted no breeding stock photos were available it’s a mixed bag. Had all chicks that showed fertility hatch - a great hatch maintained consistent temp and humidity for the duration of incubation, lock down, and final hatching days. All the chicks hatched and were quite weak, some with legs that didn’t seem to be in the appropriate places physically on the bird- very far forward on the body especially for the breeds I purchased, some have developed cross beak at 1 week of age. Feathers are coming in nicely although Colors aren’t entirely as expected based on the breeds ordered - I’ll be keeping an eye on that and will report back on whether the breeds ordered are accurate.

For this reason I am not entirely impressed with the quality of chicks produced as far as physicality goes, and developmentally so far.

Fertility Rate 8/10:

Only had 4 out of 12 eggs purchased not be fertile. Always a mixed bag with hatching eggs. A risk one can expect.

Over all - I can’t say I’d pay the prices again for hatching eggs given the quality of chicks produced. Fertility wise was good for the cost and quantity ordered but apparent health / breed quality issues make me not entirely willing to support this hatchery for “speciality” and “exotic” chicken breeds. I think it would be helpful for Breezy bird to post more facility photos and breeding stock photos that don’t look edited to provide better insight as to what the conditions and health status of breeding stock is.

Honest review scale of 1(not good at all)-10(excellent) :

Ordering 9/10:

Ordering online was super easy, quick pick up turn around time was a couple days.

Location 10/10:
Was easy to locate the establishment based on directions that were given.

Availability of hatching eggs 6/10:
Availability fluctuates a lot day to day, understandable during busy season but not a lot of rhyme or reason as to 1-2 eggs of one breed were added and then all of a sudden quantities were gone just before placing the order- I can only attribute this to high order volumes.

Quality of chicks hatched 4/10:

Granted no breeding stock photos were available it’s a mixed bag. Had all chicks that showed fertility hatch - a great hatch maintained consistent temp and humidity for the duration of incubation, lock down, and final hatching days. All the chicks hatched and were quite weak, some with legs that didn’t seem to be in the appropriate places physically on the bird- very far forward on the body especially for the breeds I purchased, some have developed cross beak at 1 week of age. Feathers are coming in nicely although Colors aren’t entirely as expected based on the breeds ordered - I’ll be keeping an eye on that and will report back on whether the breeds ordered are accurate.

For this reason I am not entirely impressed with the quality of chicks produced as far as physicality goes, and developmentally so far.

Fertility Rate 8/10:

Only had 4 out of 12 eggs purchased not be fertile. Always a mixed bag with hatching eggs. A risk one can expect.

Over all - I can’t say I’d pay the prices again for hatching eggs given the quality of chicks produced. Fertility wise was good for the cost and quantity ordered but apparent health / breed quality issues make me not entirely willing to support this hatchery for “speciality” and “exotic” chicken breeds. I think it would be helpful for Breezy bird to post more facility photos and breeding stock photos that don’t look edited to provide better insight as to what the conditions and health status of breeding stock is.
Also forgot to mention… out of my order and my friends order both have blue polish chicks with cross beak meaning breeding stock likely had it as well, careless breeding in my opinion in regards to the blue polish.

Back
Top Bottom