Bresse chickens

Don't order from them, they are crook, i order 10 black bresse chicks and what they sent me was something else. When i email them back about the order, they insist they ship me bresse chicks but didn't apologize about rhe wrong color they sent me. They also refuse correct the order.

Don't order from them, they are crook, i order 10 black bresse chicks and what they sent me was something else. When i email them back about the order, they insist they ship me bresse chicks but didn't apologize about rhe wrong color they sent me. They also refuse correct the order.
I agree. I had a terrible experience with them and I’m not the only one. Check out their Yelp reviews.

This is just not right! That's why I am saying something and refusing the "Refund" I was offered.
Before getting excited about the arrival of my "Healthy chicks", I decided to wait and see how they grow out. The following is the edited email that I sent Bresse Farms (because its a lot to retype but I wanted you to be able to read it). Note- I haven't culled the rest of the flock yet, because it kills me to do so, when I still have (unrealistic) hope. However, today another one of my babies has come down with the exact same symptoms! Apparent injured wing, then unable to walk, then gasping for air... Mind you, I built a very large living space in MY FINISHED BASEMENT to keep them out of the coop in what is usually a harsh Michigan winter. Then, I moved them out and provided heat in mid Feb (Michigan was weird this year).
Also, every new brood goes into a cleaned, sanitized coop with NO access to my other chickens. Sorry, no offense, I need to be certain it's safe before introductions, and I'm glad I do!
In my 15 years of raising chickens, this has never happened to me, and currently, I have A LOT of chickens. I prided myself on my abilty to save chickens, and never lose them. I truly care for my birds, all of them. I also have never had them shipped, and drive to breeders in two states. The chicks did arive healthy, so I was pretty content at the moment... I have NEVER had this experience. People NEED to speak up. So, here we go...

I ordered eleven American Bresse chicks from Bresse Farms in June 2022, and because it wasn't clearly stated otherwise when I ordered them, was expecting them within a couple weeks at most. I decided to reach out and they told me they would be coming in the first week of September. September came and went and when I called, they told me October and I had no other contact, but then they suddenly arrived in November. But to be honest, I understand they're very busy and I wasn't even that upset about the lack of communication. That being sad, I did make it clear back in July when I spoke to Justin that I live in Michigan and I was concerned about the cold winter but if they were coming in september that's manageable. Obviously, with them arriving in November I had to brood them in the house for much longer than I expected. Still, I was optimistic and extremely understanding. That being said, out of the eleven chicks that I received 3 of them had black markings on them, and there were 2 mystery chicks. So out of the eleven we have three that we can't breed. But then the chicks, as they grew out, started having health issues and they were not exposed to any other chickens at any point in their life, and actually spent most of their life in my house. So far I have had two that I have had to cull due to paralysis type situations, and one that died on its own rather suddenly at about two months old. As far as the sick chickens, I am almost one hundred percent certain that it is Marek's disease, but I can't justify spending two hundred dollars per bird for the necropsy to prove it, given that I've already spent over a hundred and sixty dollars on this small flock from them. While I absolutely do appreciate the 2 other breeds that they sent me, that's not what I ordered, and not what I paid for. And, now realistically I am going to have to cull my entire order.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE listen. It's just not right, and my heart is broken for these chicks. I don't know where their heart is in this, but I have a feeling it's quick money and not the betterment of the breed.

Back
Top Bottom