Brewers yeast dosage?

mack1233

In the Brooder
May 2, 2017
Vancouver
I have brewers yeast pills rack 500mg a pill, how much do I feed my ducks? One is not walking. Should I crumble it on food somehow or put in water or what? And how much!!

I sprinkled 1 TBS of brewer's yeast powder (not from a tablet) on about 1 Cup of food. What is wrong with the duck??
There's a lot wrong with the poor duck, and I don't have powder I have tablets? Someone said 1/4 a pill over food or in water but I'm waiting for fesponse on how often

Like what? (With the duck)
First I'm trying to get rid of her bad bumblefoot in both feet (on both ducks) and then I thought she had limberneck disease because she's not moving her legs but I guess it's just niacin defficantcy. And for some reason she also doesn't lift her neck up completely, it's gotten better but mostly just rests her neck tucked back

Also I thought they had fungal infections because of green dots on their beaks but it says that's just because of hormones so that's fine

First I'm trying to get rid of her bad bumblefoot in both feet (on both ducks) and then I thought she had limberneck disease because she's not moving her legs but I guess it's just niacin deficiency. And for some reason she also doesn't lift her neck up completely, it's gotten better but mostly just rests her neck tucked back
She might not be moving because of the bumble foot. Niacin deficient ducks might have stunted growth and/or enlarged hocks.

Soaking in Epsom salts helps with bumble foot. You can also spray the spots with Banix or a similar product.

The neck thing is probably from not moving around much. Also, giving her some greens of some sort once or twice a day will help with any deficiencies she might have from not being able to move around and forage.

She might not be moving because of the bumble foot. Niacin deficient ducks might have stunted growth and/or enlarged hocks.

Soaking in Epsom salts helps with bumble foot. You can also spray the spots with Banix or a similar product.

The neck thing is probably from not moving around much. Also, giving her some greens of some sort once or twice a day will help with any deficiencies she might have from not being able to move around and forage.
She's on grass all day for the greens, and I've been soaking and spraying and putting iodine on all feet and I've pulled off the black scabs but the bumps aren't shrinking so idk

She's on grass all day for the greens, and I've been soaking and spraying and putting iodine on all feet and I've pulled off the black scabs but the bumps aren't shrinking so idk
I would only put iodine on once or twice. To much and it can slow healing. Great that she's on grass! If you think you can wrapping her feet will definitely help. It takes a lot of trial and error. Vetwrap is indispensable for this!

You can buy powered brewers yeast on amazon for $12. The amount in one package should be plenty. Just sprinkle about one TBS on her food once a day. I think the tablets would be harder to get into her but if you want to use that I would do the 1/4 of a tab once a day.
https://www.amazon.com/Solgar-Brewe...&qid=1503595603&sr=1-4&keywords=brewers+yeast

I would only put iodine on once or twice. To much and it can slow healing. Great that she's on grass! If you think you can wrapping her feet will definitely help. It takes a lot of trial and error. Vetwrap is indispensable for this!

You can buy powered brewers yeast on amazon for $12. The amount in one package should be plenty. Just sprinkle about one TBS on her food once a day. I think the tablets would be harder to get into her but if you want to use that I would do the 1/4 of a tab once a day.
https://www.amazon.com/Solgar-Brewe...&qid=1503595603&sr=1-4&keywords=brewers+yeast
Their feet have already healed over so that's why I stopped wrapping them, I put iodine about 1 a day just to keep them clean just in case

Back
Top Bottom