brewer's yeast tablets...how many per gl of water?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by sunflowerlady, Feb 25, 2012.

1. sunflowerlady

sunflowerlady Out Of The Brooder

Jan 11, 2012
    I bought some Brewer's yeast tablets to put in my ducks water and I keep reading that I should put 150mg per gallon of water. I can't seem to find anywhere on the bottle where the mg are so I was curious if anyone knew how many tablets instead?

2. I believe the mg per gallon dosage you are looking at applies to the amount of niacin you want per gallon of water. Brewers yeast has plenty niacin in it and is often used as a source for that important vitamin which ducklings need so much more of than chicks. The nice thing about using brewers yeast is that you won't need to worry about overdosing. You don't put brewers yeast in water though, you sprinkle it on their food. Crush the tablets up, maybe use a tablet for each cup of feed.

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Crush up the tablets and sprinkle them over the feed a couple of times a week. I actually buy it in powder form - no crushing necessary!

4. sunflowerlady

sunflowerlady Out Of The Brooder

Jan 11, 2012
    Ah ha :lol: thanks guys! I am still so new to ducks even though its been a year! Don't know what I'd do without you all here at BYC

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by