Brewers Yeast

PeaceDuckies

In the Brooder
Apr 21, 2017
Indiana
Where can I buy brewers yeast? Locally, I have a Rural King (they don't have it), a Tractor Supply, WalMart, Meijer and other smaller stores. I'd rather buy local than order online if possible. My other question is how much do I sprinkle on the food and how often? I have 8 ducklings (Pekin & Rouen) 2-3 weeks old and two adult Rouens. None of them seem to be having any trouble, but I'd like to make sure they are getting the proper nutrients.
1f986.png
1f986.png
1f986.png

I get mine in the vitamin section at CVS and crush the tablets to go on the food. Stores like Walmart, Walgreens or a health food store should have it.
You can also order it on line.
Someone has the link and will probably add it soon.

When should I give brewers yeast?

In their feed every time you fill it up if they are on regular chick starter, until they are 10-12 weeks old... regular chick starter does not contain enough Niacin for ducklings, they require more...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000...ast+animed&dpPl=1&dpID=51cmp6fslGL&ref=plSrch

1tsp per cup of feed... or give them an all flock feed like Purina Flock Raiser... it's formulated with higher Niacin to meet duckling needs and can be given from hatch to lay... :)

In their feed every time you fill it up if they are on regular chick starter, until they are 10-12 weeks old... regular chick starter does not contain enough Niacin for ducklings, they require more...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000...ast+animed&dpPl=1&dpID=51cmp6fslGL&ref=plSrch

1tsp per cup of feed... or give them an all flock feed like Purina Flock Raiser... it's formulated with higher Niacin to meet duckling needs and can be given from hatch to lay... :)

Thank you so much!

That looks like the stuff. I have read that those who use it put a tablespoon per cup of food.

I sprinkled it into their feed, but my duck won't eat it. Is their anything else I can try to get it to eat, I'm getting worried and my local vet doesn't treat ducks!!!

​I sprinkled it into their feed, but my duck won't eat it. Is their anything else I can try to get it to eat, I'm getting worried and my local vet doesn't treat ducks!!!

Plain Niacin tablets (not time release ones) or Vitamin B complex tablets... crush and dissolve enough to contain 100-150mg per gallon of drinking water... :)

Back
Top Bottom