Brigham City, Utah is making an ordinance

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by nhammer, Feb 4, 2011.

1. nhammer

nhammer Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2007
    Our city council has asked the planning commission to review allowing chickens and come up with an ordinance. The planning commission has gathered city codes from around our state and is putting the final details on how the ordinance will read. My son and I attended a public meeting with the planning commission (we were the only public who attended). They are planning a second public meeting with perhaps more advertising to get input. Then, I imagine it will get turned back to the city council to vote on. Keep your fingers crossed!

I've made a blog to keep people in the area informed, if anyone is interested it is http://brighamcitychickens.blogspot.com

2. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    This sounds promising. I would suggest you also mention this on a Utah specific thread (if you haven't already). Perhaps there are some nearby BYC'ers who would be able to attend the next meeting as well. The more people who seem invested in the outcome, the more likely they are to vote in favor of it....

3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Alright! Right next to my old hometown and just north of where I was born. [​IMG] I know I used to live, in Corinne, we had loads of chickens, but never thought of Brigham's ordinances. . .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by