Bright green stuff

shanshan51

Songster
8 Years
Sep 7, 2011
Vacaville, CA
So after MANY failed attempts at hatching I finally am having success. Actually its more like popcorn.
smile.png
But I noticed one of the chicks hatched yesterday had a bunch of bright green stuff on its tail and egg when it was hatching. Is that poop?

To preserve the dignity of the chick I prefer to call it 'hatching debris'. But yes, basically it's poop.
You usually see it clumped up in the bottom of your shells once the chicks have hatched out of them.

Congratulations on your chicks by the way! How many/what breed have you hatched?

These are barnyard mixes of barred rock, austerlop, red star, ameraucana, and wyandottes. I have hatched just another batch which were cochin x silkies. Some are starting to frizzle so we are excited.

Quote:
Hatching debris- I like that way better then "meconium." I wish they'd called a human baby's first poop "debris" instead of "Black, tarry stool." Blech!

Quote:
Hatching debris- I like that way better then "meconium." I wish they'd called a human baby's first poop "debris" instead of "Black, tarry stool." Blech!

I like debris too...

Back
Top Bottom