Bright lights in the sky!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by max13077, Jun 14, 2008.

1. max13077

max13077 Chillin' With My Peeps

AHHHH! Alien invasion!!!!! AAAAAAHHHHH!!!! He’s got a probe!!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Meet Alien. He’s suppose to be a partridge chantecler Rooster. I got him from Ideal a little over a month ago. Everything seemed cool till abut three weeks ago. He’s started mutating and hasn’t stopped. Is he OK? Is he going to be OK?

This is the other roo, supposedly of them same breed they sent in that shipment. He seems fine.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. happyhen

happyhen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Northeastern Ohio
    [​IMG]

3. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Poor thing has a cross beak. Because it started so late, hopefully it won't get too severe. If it does and you don't decide to put him down, you'll need to give him deep feed dishes to eat from, amongst other things. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable about this will chime in.

4. Poultry Snob

Poultry Snob Out Of The Brooder

Jun 12, 2008
    * Be friendly and courteous to all members at all times.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2008
  5. bangor777

bangor777 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    it appears that the cross beak is not the only problem, the poor thing looks to have some head enlargement/swelling. I see his eyes look like they are being distorted and that may be why he can't close his mouth too? Maybe some kind of poultry hydrocephalus????

I hope he's ok, maybe someone else has ideas???

6. CrowinKing

CrowinKing Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    Ya it sounds cruel but I would cull it as well!! But its not my roo its yours so I can't tell ya what to do with it either way everyone here backs ya 110%!!!

7. max13077

I just don't want him to be in pain. If people think he is, I'll cull him. I don't care so much about wasting food or whatever. I do care though if he's a threat to the other chickens.

8. CrowinKing

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    Ya but will he be able to keep up with the others as in eating fighting off bullies etc.

9. max13077

See, I don't know enough to make that call. I hope people would give me their 2 cents and help me reach a correct decision.

10. CrowinKing

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    Give it time you'll have some people give ya 2 cents!! Hope ya figure it out!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by