Bright pink faces on EE's

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chicksinthemachine, Jul 26, 2008.

1. chicksinthemachine

chicksinthemachine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    Henley,MO
    They are alsomt 13 weeks old and free-range from around 11 am to dusk in the morning they get cereal and layer crumbles and actually on cool days corn and sunflower and of course plenty of veggies and fruit. Do you think the bright faces is due to laying soon? EGGS PLEASE!

2. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Very well could be [​IMG] Maybe you will have eggs early like others here have been seeing. Good luck!

3. chicksinthemachine

Jul 8, 2008
    Henley,MO
    I can't hardly wait, it's killing me! LOL I feel like an expecting mother:) Probably cry when we decide to hatch some ourselves and let them do it themselves all natural. Plenty of pics to come soon hopefully!

4. oldegger

oldegger Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2008
    Monclova, OH
    Quote:From what I have read on this forum and elsewhere you should'nt be feeding laying feed untill they start laying. To much calsium to soon can cause problems.
    My two red sex link hen just layed there first eggs today. Both were strong shells a little on the small side. They have only been getting 15% grower/finisher. Time to switch to laying mash

5. chicksinthemachine

Jul 8, 2008
    Henley,MO
    It only has 16 percent same as the crumbles I just switched them from. I have a 2 year old that hasn't starting laying again(but soon now) so that is why I am feeding them layer crumbles soon to incoporate oyster shell and layer slowly. Pellets i mean.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by