Brilliant minds needed

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CovenantCreek, Dec 15, 2007.

1. CovenantCreek

CovenantCreek Chicks Rule!

Oct 19, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    Someone needs to come up with a hatching unit with a lighted, see-thru bottom so we can candle the eggs while waiting for them to pip without having to open the top. Or maybe just a unit with a see-thru bottom and legs so that we can shine normal lights into the eggs.

Moving into Day 20 with the BRs and I'm not the least bit anxious to see how they're doing. Not at all........ [​IMG]

2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Rcom has a piece for there first system called an "EZ scope". You can see the development in the eggs

3. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    I just use my 10 million candle power flashlight.

4. CovenantCreek

Oct 19, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    Quote:Unfortunately that only works on the 3 egg unit. I need something at least as big as a hova bator........

5. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    It would be awesome if they did. Maybe one day they will? I bet brinsea will do it in the future with there new systems

6. fdnick

fdnick Master Chicken Hoarder

Aug 22, 2007
    Spokane, Wa.
    someone needs to invent a flashlight that has a light turn pink or something if an egg is developing.. LOL like a prego test but the flashlight has a way to tell if the egg is good [​IMG]

7. verthandi

verthandi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    Maine
    Quote:Heck, I want one then that turns pink or blue so I can tell if it is good and a girl or boy. [​IMG]

8. CovenantCreek

Oct 19, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    Quote:Heck, I want one then that turns pink or blue so I can tell if it is good and a girl or boy. [​IMG]

I wanted to say that.........

9. fdnick

fdnick Master Chicken Hoarder

Aug 22, 2007
    Spokane, Wa.
    OKAY!!! so we found the market!! NOW we need to find the inventor [​IMG]

10. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    You know, along the same line- if "geneticist" could determine a way to increase the chances of female offspring, hatcheries could make/save a bundle! They have figured out the probability of male/female offsrping by conditions the sperm/ovulation in humans. It would be great if the same type of thing could be figured out in chickens/goats/livestock. Like timing of mating (which is how it works in humans) or conditions, environment, etc.

Im sure they have nothing better to do with their time. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by