Bringing a pet chicken to public places?

ronathome

In the Brooder
May 1, 2022
(I’m in the west coast of the USA) I’m really tempted to bring my lovely pet hen with me to the petstore and park again, but I am worried about being laughed at. I had a negative encounter many years ago where I brought my previous pet hen to PetSmart and a man said, “Ha! You shouldn’t play with your food!”

I treat my pet hens as pets and not as foods.

I’m really worried about making a fool of myself if I bring my pet hen to public places. Any advice?

I think it’s because I want to “show off” my pet hen just like how other pet owners take their dog out too.
Well, you came to the right place for this! https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/pictures-stories-of-my-chickens.39/

So it’s okay my pet chickens don’t get to view the outside world, right?
Absolutely fine. They don't really want to explore the world like humans do, they want to settle down in one safe area with lots of food and friends (other chickens) around.

I wouldn't right now simply because of the flu.

Thar being said, I brought a pullet with me to TSC once for a trip. She had awful scissorbeak so she was far more people friendly than the rest of my birds were. She seemed to enjoy it, but again, it's not certain that she wasn't near frozen in fear most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom