Bringing ducks indoors?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Thompsonv, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Thompsonv

Thompsonv Just Hatched

Jun 15, 2016
    Kenduskeag, Maine
    Hi I was wondering, I was going to stop at our local bait shop and pick up a couple dozen bait fish for my two duck. It's winter here and I don't have their pool set up anymore for obvious reasons. I was wondering if it would harm them to bring them inside and put them in the tub for a bit while they eat their fish then back outside in their pen currently inside our shed. I wasn't sure how the temperature difference might affect them and wanted to ask in case someone else knew. Thanks so much :)

2. CoopintheWoods

CoopintheWoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2016
    As long as the coop is not too cold, and the room is not heavily heated, you should be OK.It is so great that you are willing to do this for your ducks. Good Luck!

3. Thompsonv

Thompsonv Just Hatched

Jun 15, 2016
    Kenduskeag, Maine
    We had a couple days of warmer weather and I brought them inside and put them in the tub. Kept the water pretty cool and they were confused at first then they were trying to squeeze under the faucet and were dipping and having a blast lol I let em dry off then brought em back to their pen in the shop and they were as happy as a clam :) thanks for the reply

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by