1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bringing eggs out of USA

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by naveed, Jan 2, 2016.

1. naveed

naveed Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2007
    Hi,

Is there anyone ever carried eggs out of US in a checked baggage? What were the results?

Thank you

2. cavemanrich

cavemanrich Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2014
    Melrose Park Illinois
    It's not carrying the eggs out of the US that is of concern. It gets to be an issue when you get to the country you are taking them to. They ask all kind of questions. Most reasons are legitimate. You have to comply to their laws. Many reasons are associated with the spreading unnecessary diseases. Check with the country you are going to for further restrictions.

3. appps

appps Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia
    Depends where you are taking it. To Australia it's a $360 up to thousands of dollars fine and so it should be. Unless the country you are taking it allows import you are risking introducing possible diseases that could have a huge impact on the commercial flocks in that country and home poultry keepers too. There are really strict quarantine restrictions for many countries. Where were you wanting to take it and do they allow import of fresh eggs?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  4. naveed

naveed Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2007
    Thanks for help. I want to take eggs to Pakistan but I think its not a good idea perhaps.

5. appps

appps Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia

Check out their government site for travellers and customs. It should tell you if they will be allowed in or not. Worse comes to worse if you can't find a definate answer, take them with you but make sure you declare them on the customs form. If you are allowed they will let you keep them, if they are not they will confiscate them. As long as you declare you have them and be upfront about it so they can check them you should be okay. It's when you don't declare and try and sneak them through you get into trouble.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by