Bringing homemade egg salad to the Christmas Potluck lunch at work tomorrow

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by MacTech, Dec 22, 2014.

1. MacTech

MacTech Chillin' With My Peeps

I just hope I can resist the urge to eat it all tonight.... A dozen medium boiled eggs A touch of yellow mustard for tang Just enough hellmanns olive oil mayo to hold the mixture together It's jaw droppingly, amazingly good, and I'm a mediocre cook at best, the color is a bright orange-yellow, it looks like I used food coloring, but I didn't, and the mouthfeel and consistency? It's not crumbly and sulfur-ry like egg salad usually is, no, it's smooth and creamy, I think the medium doneness of the yolks was a big help, they were right at the transition point between soft and crumbly, the yolks didn't have all the moisture cooked out of them... None of the yolks had the gray-green outer layer of an overdone egg, and 8 out of the 12 appeared to have been fertile (i just won't tell anyone that, what they don't know won't hurt them... Can't wait for the reactions to the egg salad...

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  2. Kathy Z

Kathy Z Out Of The Brooder

Oct 11, 2014
    Oregon
    [​IMG]

3. MacTech

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    how pretty! So, how'd it go over?

5. MacTech

Not as well as I was hoping, those that tried it liked it, but there was so much food to choose from it got lost in the shuffle, I should have made mini sandwiches with it

Meh, more for me, it won't go to waste

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by