Brinsea 190, & other cabinet incubators, Positives & negatives please

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by dak, Dec 14, 2010.

1. dak

dak geek dvm

Mar 21, 2010
    I'm still trying to pick out my Christmas incubator present. Does anyone have the Brinsea 190 cabinet incubator? It doesn't seem that much more than the 40 and way more capacity. Any comments good or bad would be appreciated.

dak

Updating 2/10/11

Since it seems many people are trying to upgrade and decide between various cabinet models, I would welcome all constructive comments from people would own and have experience hatching with these. If you did have issues, what did you do to resolve these issues.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  2. kennedyscochins

kennedyscochins Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2009
    Big Clifty
    Love it! Now that I have finally figured it out, I love it. Holds temp perfectly. I have had a little trouble with humidity only because of the heat and cool differences in my house. But, the humidity will still stay close to where I put it (not enough difference to affect a hatch). I have the humidity pump, but sometimes fill the tray in it to keep the humidity where I want it. I use mine for an incubator and use my octagon 20 EX for the hatcher. I had a 100% hatch today! So, you can see that it works great!

3. dak

dak geek dvm

Mar 21, 2010
    Quote:Hmmmmm, very tempting. Also tempting to fill it. [​IMG]

4. kennedyscochins

Sep 1, 2009
    Big Clifty

Very tempting to fill it! I have been hatching eggs like crazy so that I can sell some started pullets in the spring. Just sitting here thinking I'm gonna have to open up a coop that I had closed for the winter to put the growing babies in!

5. dak

dak geek dvm

Mar 21, 2010

Very tempting to fill it! I have been hatching eggs like crazy so that I can sell some started pullets in the spring. Just sitting here thinking I'm gonna have to open up a coop that I had closed for the winter to put the growing babies in!

Why aren't we seeing pics of these babies on the cochin thread???

6. kennedyscochins

Sep 1, 2009
    Big Clifty
    Quote:Very tempting to fill it! I have been hatching eggs like crazy so that I can sell some started pullets in the spring. Just sitting here thinking I'm gonna have to open up a coop that I had closed for the winter to put the growing babies in!

Why aren't we seeing pics of these babies on the cochin thread???

hmm.....hadn't thought about it. I'm so busy just taking care of the chicks. I also have a 4 yr. old, 2 yr. old and 4 day old! May try to get some pics later!

7. dak

dak geek dvm

Mar 21, 2010
    Quote:Why aren't we seeing pics of these babies on the cochin thread???

hmm.....hadn't thought about it. I'm so busy just taking care of the chicks. I also have a 4 yr. old, 2 yr. old and 4 day old! May try to get some pics later!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

8. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    I LOVE my 190! I also have the humidity pump, 2 candlers, brooder and software. (DH went a little crazy! [​IMG]) I have gotten several 100% hatches since I stated using it. I actually turned it off in October to take a small hatching break but I'll probably turn it back on in the next day or so. My mini eco is crammed full.....and I need to hatch spring sale birds!

You really should get one...You'll love it!

9. dak

dak geek dvm

Mar 21, 2010
    Quote:Thanks, any negatives??

10. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    Quote:OH YES! 1 HUGE negative lol You're going to want to fill all that 'bator space [​IMG]
    You'll be overrun with chicks in no time!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by