Brinsea 20 Advanced w/ Auto turner

bigmike&nan

Crowing
15 Years
Mar 19, 2008
Scenic Jackson New Jersey
OK, my wife and I are ready to hatch our own... We see some great egg deals here and on EB... I have looked and feel that FOR US getting the Brinsea 20 Advanced with the Auto turner is smart... Anyone here have that model ?? Anyone with a Brinsea 20 Advanced or ECO, tell me about your experiences.

I know it's a lot of money to throw down. I've been watching eBay for deals and see the Brinsea 20s sell for very high prices - heck a USED Brinsea 20 (not the Advanced) with the auto turner went on eBay last week for $301.00 !! Heck I can get the Advanced 20 with turner for about $360.00 direct from Brinsea, NEW !! Seems like they hold their value at resale...

Any advice ??? Would greatly appreciate your input.

Michael

I just got my Eco yesterday. Came up to temp in just a few minutes and has held it steady. I did have to adjust it slightly, but was no big deal and has been perfect all night. Eggs going in today
smile.png

Since I just got mine, I cannot attest to hatch rates or anything, but setup was a breeze and it holds temp much better than my styrobators ever did with much, much less fiddling.

Quote:
Yea, you do not need to "stabilize" it for a week, or put bottles with water in as "heat sinks" to "hold" the temperature....

Above are some of the tips for running "Little Monster" (LG) posted on BYC in the past.

LOL

I have the brinsea 20 advanced with turner
one reason I bought it instead of eco was the digital read outs
and that if I ever want to upgrade to the EX version all I have to do is buy the humidifier since it just plugs into the Advanced 20.

I love it. It's been rock solid and hassle free.

Quote:
Thank You all... We want headache free hatches (as much as that is possible). Which is why I like the Adcanced model with the digital readouts. Also it seems the temperature/humidity sensors are much more sophisticated in the Advanced... I searched A LOT of the threads here first and it seems that the ambient room temperature can also effect greatly the temp. range of a lot of incubators...

Again thanks for the advice

Back
Top Bottom