Brinsea 20 Advanced w/ Auto turner

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by bigmike&nan, May 12, 2009.

1. bigmike&nan

bigmike&nan Chillin' With My Peeps

OK, my wife and I are ready to hatch our own... We see some great egg deals here and on EB... I have looked and feel that FOR US getting the Brinsea 20 Advanced with the Auto turner is smart... Anyone here have that model ?? Anyone with a Brinsea 20 Advanced or ECO, tell me about your experiences.

I know it's a lot of money to throw down. I've been watching eBay for deals and see the Brinsea 20s sell for very high prices - heck a USED Brinsea 20 (not the Advanced) with the auto turner went on eBay last week for $301.00 !! Heck I can get the Advanced 20 with turner for about $360.00 direct from Brinsea, NEW !! Seems like they hold their value at resale...

Any advice ??? Would greatly appreciate your input.

Michael

2. rizq

rizq Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Tennessee
    I just got my Eco yesterday. Came up to temp in just a few minutes and has held it steady. I did have to adjust it slightly, but was no big deal and has been perfect all night. Eggs going in today [​IMG]

Since I just got mine, I cannot attest to hatch rates or anything, but setup was a breeze and it holds temp much better than my styrobators ever did with much, much less fiddling.

3. pascopol

pascopol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Tampa Bay
    Quote:Yea, you do not need to "stabilize" it for a week, or put bottles with water in as "heat sinks" to "hold" the temperature....

Above are some of the tips for running "Little Monster" (LG) posted on BYC in the past.

LOL

4. mediazeal

mediazeal Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    I have the brinsea 20 advanced with turner
    one reason I bought it instead of eco was the digital read outs
    and that if I ever want to upgrade to the EX version all I have to do is buy the humidifier since it just plugs into the Advanced 20.

I love it. It's been rock solid and hassle free.

5. bigmike&nan

bigmike&nan Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Thank You all... We want headache free hatches (as much as that is possible). Which is why I like the Adcanced model with the digital readouts. Also it seems the temperature/humidity sensors are much more sophisticated in the Advanced... I searched A LOT of the threads here first and it seems that the ambient room temperature can also effect greatly the temp. range of a lot of incubators...

Again thanks for the advice

6. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by