brinsea 20 eco?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by raymondjames, Nov 1, 2011.

1. raymondjames

raymondjames Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2011
    does it have an automatic turner? it didnt say on the site but there are egg racks inside and with those its impossible to turn...

2. Wyogirl

Wyogirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    Cody, WY
    You have to purchase it separately. But you can rock the whole incubator side to side by putting a book or something under it.
    Ayda

3. jenlynn4

jenlynn4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    YOu dont really need a turner! You turn THE WHOLE UNIT thats why it is shaped like it is. you just turn the whole thing 3 or more times a day. It takes about 1 second to turn it. [​IMG]

4. raymondjames

raymondjames Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2011
    i might give my HovaBator away for this 'bator. What do you think? i dont need the constant temp adjustment and obnoxious turning w/o turner. Do you think its worth it? I can make do with small egg capacity after all, the biggest clutch i've had is 10 eggs

5. blefky

blefky life in the yard

Mar 18, 2010
    stamford, ct
    I love my Brinsea Eco. I have the (optional) turner, but as already mentioned, the whole unit is shaped to be turned easily by hand. It's a very good little incubator, extremely user friendly, holds temp. well, and when opened and closed humidity recovers quickly. I'm definitely a fan.[​IMG]

6. misslady

misslady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    The Great Lakes.
    Quote:x2. I really love the ease of manually turning on this 'bator because you don't even have to open it to turn the eggs, it's really a very clever and useful design. I just purchased one and have my first set of eggs in it and am absolutely loving it. [​IMG]

7. cubalaya

cubalaya Overrun With Chickens

Nov 19, 2008
    central virginia
    Quote:yep, pretty easy. dont need a turner but they make one.

8. bikerchic

bikerchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2011
    Virginia
    LOVE mine. Very user friendly. I have the turner, but its design makes it very simple to turn it manually. I WILL be purchasing a second one!

9. SunnyChic

SunnyChic Keep The Sunny Side Up

Mar 7, 2009
    I LOVE mine, too; I have 2 and use one as a hatcher. I also purchased a Mini-Advance (when they were on sale last year) and love that one, too.

[​IMG]

10. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    Love my Brinsea!! [​IMG] Like some mentioned some don't "need" the turner, BUT if you work 12 hr shifts like I do you NEED the turner!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by